Thursday, December 15, 2011

Deer Hunting 2011

After 10 days of seeing only does and smaller bucks, my persistence finally paid off!  As anybody who was out during the Minnesota firearms season knows, conditions were less than ideal most of the time.  On several days, high winds or too much moonlight the previous night tended to keep deer from moving around as much as normal.  On the morning of November 18th, my cousin Tom and I agreed that the conditions seemed to be working in our favor for once and we hit the woods feeling good about our chances.  After about 5 minutes in the stand, I looked up and there he was!  Luckily I had done a little touch-up work in a patch of this brush the previous day, giving me just enough of an opening to make a clean shot on this 8 pointer.  The icing on the cake was that this year I had my cousin there to share in the day and help out with the dirty work.  Thanks cousin!  I'm already looking forward to next year.

1 comment:

  1. Where are the pics from last years BWCA, we
    Had a lot of walleye pics

    OLE

    ReplyDelete