Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Rainy Day In The BWCA


It's Monday tomorrow, and I remember that I took this photo on a rainy Monday last May, while sitting under the tarp. Last year it was the wind that foiled my lake trout fishing plans. I'd gladly trade a paper plate cribbage board under a tarp on a rainy BWCA day for any Monday at work. I never did count how many holes I punched in this plate, and I'm not sure about how many I should have punched, put it passed the time, which was fine by me.

I've been thinking about my first BW trip of the season, which is coming up in May.  There's a good possibility of wet weather that comes with a spring season trip in northern Minnesota, but there's also a good chance that lake trout will be shallow.  With this years early ice-out and corresponding rise in water temps, who knows if "normal" fishing patterns will hold true?  All I know is that I'll be there to find out and that I'll be happy to there, either way.  Finding fish during a transitional period, or when fish aren't "where they're supposed to be" makes any success that much more gratifying.


No comments:

Post a Comment