Thursday, May 17, 2012

BWCA 2012- An Ugly Start


Well, it's time to fish or cut bait, as far as my BWCA trip preparation goes.  I've still got some time, and this photo shows my progress today- the mission was basically to find items on my packing list.  Things have been busy lately, to say the least, so I haven't been my normal- and over-prepared self.  I went for a grab and go fishing opener and that went fine, but, with a longer BWCA trip, the grab and go option isn't on the table, especially when you're the menu planner and food buyer, although I wouldn't want it any other way.  I have a few new menu ideas this year and I can't wait to see how it works.  I like to eat well when I'm in the BWCA, and I usually bring a fair amount of food home with me.  About 20 years ago, after a trip where we resorted to eating boiled rock bass, I've learned that I'd rather bring a little extra than run short.


Roscoe, our basset hound, couldn't resist the excitement of getting ready for a Boundary Waters trip.  He made a rare trip into the garage tonight to see what was going on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment